Tuesday, June 4, 2013

My Beautiful Bag

Recently I purchased a Louis Vuitton. My first Louis Vuitton. All by myself. I've made other large purchases and financial decisions, including funding a move across the country and researching/leasing my own car, but for some reason this particular purchase felt like the first major BIG GIRL purchase I've made. So, I decided to take a second to review my new bag, and later this week to discuss how it changed my philosophy on life and shopping.

I have known for a while which bag I wanted. Every time I saw someone else walking down the street or in the mall with it on their arm I would get angry. It just wasn't fair that someone else had it and I didn't. And I'm not just saying that. I would actually get pissed. So after about eight months of this happening, in which time two of my best friends also bought Louis Vuitton bags, I decided it was time. I still wanted it. Really wanted it.

So I bought it. 

The Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM Damier Ebene. I've always been partial to the Damier Ebene color, so choosing that print was a given. I like that it's darker, and a little different in a sea of Monogram bags. I debated between the Speedy and the Neverfull, but after careful consideration decided the Neverfull fit my lifestyle the best. To this day, my favorite bag I've carried was my larger Longchamp because of it's convenience and bottomless pit-ness, and the Neverfull felt like the grown up version of that bag. The size of that bag is almost identical to to the MM, or medium version. The smaller PM was just too small (it looked kind of funny on me), and although my bag motto is usually "bigger is better" the large GM was almost suitcase-ish. 

Just look at how beautiful it looks in my office:



And how beautiful it will still be when I get the corner office (hehe):



It fits everything perfectly, and actually inspired me to organize my things into dedicated pouches.




I am completely happy with my purchase, except for one thing I've noticed. The red lining is rubbing off into the worn corners of my wallet. Even though my wallet is cream, I would expect a little more from both Louis Vuitton and Chanel. Overall though, I'm happy. And even though it's been three short weeks, I haven't caught myself peaking at another bag since...

No comments:

Post a Comment