Tuesday, May 7, 2013

My First (and Last) Juice Cleanse


Just as a little background, I've been working very hard to improve myself this year after realizing it might be time to become an adult. I've worked to be lose some extra weight, take charge of my career, save money and overall make better decisions. Most recently, I have been trying to move toward a more generally healthy lifestyle. And after seeing how great my friend looked after becoming hooked on juice cleanses (because really, isn't that what it's all about?), I decided to give it a try.

I enlisted one of BFFs Natalia (from All The Things, Etc.) to try one with me. We both decided that the price for the famous BluePrint Cleanse was a little ridiculous, so we did a little research in our respective cities, and each found a local business offering juice cleanses. The cleanse I found contained three green "Love" juices, a spicy lemonade and a cashew milk every day for the three days.

So fast-forward to yesterday - the start of our juice cleanse. I had arranged for my juices to be delivered every morning by 6:30 a.m. so that I could grab them on the way to work. This is how it played out:

7:30 a.m. - Arrive at office. Take first sip of green Love juice, gag a little and grab a straw.

7:35 a.m. - Suck down as much of the juice as I can without thinking about how it tastes exactly like grass with a little lemon sprinkled on top. Stop drinking, get hit with the grass aftertaste, and gag a lot. Consider screaming at someone just for the hell of it. Realize I've only gotten about a fourth of the way through the drink.

7:45 a.m. - Get to about halfway through and think about how I might just stab someone if I keep doing this.

7:50 a.m. - Text Natalia that I quit, call and cancel the cleanse, and get in my car to go get a latte.

It basically just went downhill from there. What else did I end up eating yesterday?

  • Another cup of coffee (after the latte)
  • Probably four Diet Cokes
  • A poboy for lunch
  • Fajitas for dinner
  • Approx. 15 Mexican coconut cookies left over from Cinco de Mayo
  • A popsicle
  • A glass of wine
  • A block of cheese
And ALL of it was better than the green juice. 


Have you ever done a cleanse? What was your experience? If you haven't, would you consider it?

2 comments:

  1. omg - kind of obsessed with your experience. I only imagine mine would be the same and i'd eat double what you ate after I failed. Welcome to the blog world!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina!! And I know! It's crazy because I never thought I would do this. Ahh!

      Delete